WellnessU – Sample Logs
NOTE: A student can only enter logs once that week’s quiz is successfully completed.
Definitions for weekly feed-back:
- Something new: What new healthy behavior did the participant undertake this week such as exercising for the first time, cutting out sodas and replacing them with water, adding a salad to your meals, or none at all.
- Something better: How did the participant upgrade his or her lifestyle this week such as walking twice a week instead of once, improving their nutrition by having at least one fruit a day, managing stress better, or no upgrades at all.
- Barriers: These are challenges to living healthy such as snowy weather that kept you from walking outside, an invitation to a party where fat foods were there for the taking, not enough sleep, family and friends who are non supportive, etc.
- Comments: Anything the student wants to say about participation so far.
- Message boards: Students can choose whether to share this week’s log with other members by posting a message. If they do share, They will be identified only by my screen name. Whether or not you share, other’s posts can be read.
Screen Name: Smokeless Me
Week 1 – Circle of Wellness
Something New: -
Something Better: -
Barriers: I’m just not ready to make any changes
Comments: Nice ideas. I’ll give it a try
Week 2 – Preparation and Commitment
Something New: I’m thinking about what I want to do
Something Better: -
Barriers: I’m still not ready to make any changes
Comments: You gave me a lot to think about
Week 3 – Eat Well
Something New: I’m trying to eat better
Something Better: – Nothing yet
Barriers: I just love my junk food.
Comments: I really don’t want to change my life style.
Week 4 – Get a move on
Something New: – Okay, I took a walk around the block this week
Something Better: - I actually ate a salad today
Barriers: The weather is rainy and I don’t much like lettuce
Comments: Nice ideas. I’m giving it a try
Week 5 – Relations with others
Something New: Maybe if I lose weight I’ll get along better with my spouse
Something Better: – I walked around the block three times this week
Barriers: My wife hasn’t agreed to cook better for the both of us
Comments: I didn’t know I needed help to do this
Week 6 – Relations with myself
Something New: I lost two pounds since we started and my wife is really pleased
Something Better: - We are eating better and my wife is now out walking with me
Barriers: I really do miss my junk food
Comments: My kids have noticed my wife and I get along better
Popularity: 2% [?]