A quick review of this book on natural alternatives to over the counter and prescription medications
Since the beginning of time, people have crushed herbs in a mortar and pestle to extract the healing properties and to mix herbal remedies. Herbs are in fact the best alternatives to over-the-counter medications and they have fewer side effects. We like the fact that regular kitchen herbs and spices can be very beneficial, so we try to add them into the foods we love when appropriate. In this book you will find out which ordinary kitchen spices you can use for health benefits. So, which herbs are said to work better than drugs?
For colds and flu
Echinacea for cold season. They also recommend “astragalus” which is an herb. It boosts your body’s resistance to cold, flu and other viruses. Studies have proven that it has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Unlike Echinacea, you can take astragalus everyday. Echinacea is for seasonal use and this book does have some warnings you will want to read.
Other remedies for health problems
- Which wildflower can stop excruciating migraines! (Feverfew tincture/not dried leaves)
- How to improve your vision. (Bilberries)
- How to recover from the flu in half the time. (Elderberries)
- Which kitchen spice you can use for inflammation. (Turmeric)
- Which herb relieves menopausal symptoms. (Black Cohosh)
- How to relieve arthritis pain. (Boswellia, Stinging Nettle and Evening Primrose)
- To lift your spirits. (Try lavender- my favorite)
- How to naturally deal with diabetes! (Fenugreek)
Once you find which herbs you need, you can also look for tea in your health store or buy bottles of the specific herb. You can also find herbs to treat varicose veins, halt macular degeneration, and cure gout with cherries. You will also read why you should not take Tums for calcium. Some interesting information on “chocolate,” and more information than I can list. This book will help you to solve over 100 health problems. This is a perfect gift for a friend who is interested in healthy alternatives. Herbs, essential oils and other natural remedies keep me out of the doctor’s office.
Source: The Herbal Drugstore (Available for purchase online. Used books are less than $10.)
Popularity: 1% [?]