Healics Inc. Worksite Wellness Programs
Wellness Online supports the Healics Health Risk Assessment (HRA) and Healics worksite services that support employer wellness programs. See www.Healics.com for more information.
Health Risk Assessments
• Advance Planning - Initial “set up” and planning stages – a member of the Healics staff will work with the employer and explain the entire HRA process from start to finish.
• A two or four page questionnaire is filled out by participants in advance which they bring to a worksite health screen and give to an examiner for inclusion of measurable risk factors. Employees generally prefer the short form. While an online questionnaire is available, given the fact we always do blood tests, the matching of laboratory blood test results with onsite exam results with participant online entry has proven to be prone to errors so we don’t recommend this approach.
• Online scheduling is available for worksite participants. The purpose is to make life easier for HR. In the event people can’t make it to the worksite, we have a national network of clinics that do the exams in-clinic.
• Qualified examiners come to the worksite where they pick up questionnaires completed by participants, and then measure and add blood pressure, height, weight, and frame size.
• Experienced phlebotomists (who typically partner with an examiner) draw a blood sample from the arm which is then sent to a national laboratory to test for 19 different components including a cholesterol profile (total, HDL, HDL, ratio, triglycerides), glucose and nicotine. The latter test makes sure people tell the truth about their smoking habit, if any.
• The laboratory transmits blood test results securely to Healics which matches those results with completed questionnaires and enters into our secure data base. Each of 11 risk clinical factors is rated based on how they affect annual medical claims.
• Individual color coded reports are printed and mailed to participants at home or delivered by a health coach in person. Historical results are included in each report. Online reporting is available as well in case a report is lost or a copy is to be provided to a doctor.
• Each participant receives a 16-page page booklet that explains the 11 clinical risk factors that we test.
• Each employer receives confidential group reports that protect individual health risk results. No personal health information (PHI) is disclosed. There are multiple reports so that employers can evaluate annual results in different ways. These reports are provided online so that more than one management people can see them without needing to do reprints.
• HRA report delivery. A qualified consultant can deliver reports in person, or by phone. Personal delivery does get a lot more attention from the participant.
• Health Coaching: Ongoing coaching has proven to be highly effective for effecting ongoing behavior change. Local coaching is available depending on location. Telephonic coaching is available anywhere.
• Online Tracking. If an employer opts for a behavioral incentive program (such as stop smoking or lose weight) Healics can track whether or not each person entered into our data base has complied. Employers choose what behaviors (perhaps coaching or workshop participation) they want to reward.
• ROI – Return on Investment calculation:
- Please read the section on how wellness program ROI can be calculated.
Popularity: 12% [?]