WELCOME to the new online Senior Health Network (SHN) for those age 62 and older. Seniors wanting to prevent suffering from ailments such as addiction, chronic disease, dementia, excess weight, pain, etc. may find natural solutions right here.
There is a new generation of Functional MD's who no longer bow to the AMA or the FDA. They practice prevention, and offer natural solutions for multiple ailments. This is new and we like it.
They are accredited MD's who have turned from conventional medicine in order to explain how to stay healthy and get well using Mother Nature's resources.
We have collected many of their works, plus recent research results, and ancient remedies, to come up with 1,000+ Library articles on getting and staying well. Join us and learn how.
None of the natural recommendations herein have been tested according to the medical standards required for prescription drugs and are therefore not approved by the FDA. We ask for your feedback on each suggestion as to how it did or did not work for you. Then we post aggregate total results.
We are unbiased
In order to be completely unbiased, we do not sell products nor do we accept advertisers. We want to tell you how we see it without being influenced by business interests. Therefore, we must rely on donations. Any donations will be gratefully accepted.
The non-profit AVK Education (AVK), has created this Senior Health Network in order to provide you with free wellness information and community sharing.
Our free sister site for individuals who are below age 62 (and don't have the same issues as us seniors) is at Community Health Network.net (CHN), and a third site as support for employer wellness programs at Employee Health Network.net (EHN). EHN will include a 4-year wellness e-course in 2015 and will then be paid for by sponsor employers
Our free services include
* Learn from 1,000+ articles in our Wellness Library,
* Comment on any article, and
* Read other members' comments
* Use Library tips to get well and stay well,
* All tips are what you can do for yourself,
* Rate any tips that you used, and
* Read aggregate member ratings.
* Ask self-health questions of John Shier, PhD, RN.
* Discussion Forums enable you to interact with others.
* Our Buddy System enables you to share with someone like you.
* Calculate your Health Age compared to your calendar age.
* Wellness Webzines will be sent periodically with your approval.
* Contact us with kudos & criticisms, glitches you find, etc.
WWW - What Will Work for me?
Many articles offer health tips, and we will ask what worked for you if you tried any of them. Then, you make any comment at the bottom of the article for others to share, rate any tip at our Survey section, and/or discuss in our Forums. We are all in this together to find wellness solutions.